Pablo Moreno, MD, PhD
- 1980-1986 Bachelor in Medicine by Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain.
- 1988-1992 Residency Program in General and Digestive Surgery at Bellvitge University Hospital in Barcelona, Spain.
- 1994 Doctor Philosophiae (PhD), University of Barcelona, with the Doctoral Thesis entitled “Critical Analysis of Orthotopic Liver Transplant in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma”.
- 2008 Fellow of the European Board Surgery (EBQS): Neck Surgery.
- 1992-1995 Consultant Surgeon at the Emergency Department of the Bellvitge University Hospital and Collaborator Surgeon of the Bellvitge Liver Transplant Team.
- 1995-2000 Consultant Surgeon at the Pancreatic Surgery Unit and at the Esophagogastric Surgery Unit at the Bellvitge University Hospital. Medical Coordinator of the Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding Unit. During this period, 3 Doctoral Thesis were developed under my supervision.
- 2000-present Consultant Surgeon at the Endocrine Surgery Unit and the Obesity Morbid Team.
- 2007-present Head of the Endocrine Surgery Unit.
- 2002-present Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Barcelona (UB).)
- 2008-2012 National Coordinator of the Spanish Section of Endocrine Surgeons from the Spanish Association of Surgeons (AEC).
- 2008-2012 National Delegate of the European Association of Endocrine Surgeons (ESES).
- 2008-present Reviewer of the Spanish Surgery Journal.
- 2008-present Board of the Spanish Association of Surgeons (AEC), Member of the Scientific Committee.
Head of the Institute of Endocrine Surgery (ICE)
Clinica Corachán-2, Office nº 8, Barcelona, Spain
- American association of Endocrine surgeons (AAES) since 2007.
- Spanish Association for Ambulatory Surgery (ASCMA) since 2007.
- European Association of Endocrine Surgeons (ESES) since 2006.
- Spanish Society for Obesity Surgery (SECO) from 2004 to 2008.
- Spanish Section of Endocrine Surgeons since 2001.
- Spanish Association of Surgeons since 1991.
- Catalonian Society of Surgeons since 1993.
- Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia (USA) at the ICU and kidney- pancreas transplant Unit , 1989.
- Surgical Department (prof. P. Miccoli) of Santa Chiara Hospital in Pisa (Italy), learning minimally invasive thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York (USA) at Head & Neck Service (J. Shah), 2006.
- Department of General, Vascular and Visceral Surgery (Prof. Henning Dralle). Universidad de Wittemberg. Halle/Sale (Germany).
- Hemithyroidectomy – 630
- Total thyroidectomy- 834
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy- 41
- Cancer procedures – 672
- Central neck dissection (CND) – 269
- Modified radical neck Dissection (MRND) – 232
Total Thyroidectomy – 2104
- PHPT – 377
- SPHP – 102
Adrenalectomy – 272
Portfolio of Services:
- Endocrine Surgery on Ambulatory basis 220 hemithyroidectomies
- Minimally Invasive Open Thyroidectomy 12 total thyroidectomies
- Thyroid Cancer.
- Workshop on Locally Advanced Thyroid Cancer Courses (XXIth edition, November 2014).